Preparing for a job interview is one of the most important things to do, it allows others to get the first impression of you. Although interviews can be nerve-wracking, there are many ways to prepare and get yourself relaxed and ready!
Here are a few pointers to prepare for a job interview:
1. Dress code! A crucial part of this process is dressing for success, so before the interview, prepare a professional looking outfit. This will show that you are serious about the job, respectful of the interviewer’s time and interested in the position.
2. Be on time! Being late for an interview is already a red flag, this shows that you do not prioritise your time properly and that you are not that interested. It will give your interviewer’s a bad impression and could ruin your chances of landing a job. Make sure arrive at least 10 minutes before your interview time to allow yourself to prepare and get relaxed.
3. Know the business! It is important to do some research on the business and position you are applying for. You may be hit with some questions that you may need to prepare for. The interviewer’s want to see if you have gained knowledge on the business and how much you know about it. Before an interview take a few minutes to read over the business and its core values and purposes. This tip will definitely come in handy!
4. Sell yourself! It definitely can be nerve wracking to sell yourself to others, but it is important to walk into an interview room with a smile on your face and eye contact. Don’t be afraid to speak your skills and attributes as well as why you want the job. At least prepare 3-5 selling points, such as what makes you the best candidate for the position. It is also important to provide examples for each point. Be confident and believe in yourself!
5. Ask questions! It is very important to ask questions as well. Prepare a few questions before the interview, this will demonstrate your knowledge of the company as well as your serious intent. You also need to see if this is the company you want to be apart of and if you fit in or not. Asking a few simple questions can help you identify if this is the company you want to go forward with.
Direction with a professional approach. It is so important to be ready and to walk in the interview room well-groomed, with questions prepared and knowledge on the company. Follow these tips!
Using a recruitment agency can have many benefits. It will improve the quality of candidates in your recruitment process and make life easier for you. The basic purpose of a recruitment agency is to help job seekers find new roles while helping companies find their perfect person for their open positions. These are 7 advantages […]
Writing up your resume can be difficult. You may be asking yourself questions like ‘How much information should I put?’ ‘Am I not adding enough?’ ‘Am I adding too much?’. With our 20 helpful do’s and don’ts, they can help you get on track with writing an excellent as well as a professional resume. Look […]
Preparing for a job interview is one of the most important things to do, it allows others to get the first impression of you. Although interviews can be nerve-wracking, there are many ways to prepare and get yourself relaxed and ready! Here are a few pointers to prepare for a job interview: 1. Dress code! […]
We are a young and dynamic Recruitment Agency in Durbanestablished in 2013. We have been servicing not only Durban but other major cities in South Africa such as Cape Town, Johannesburg and Port Elizabeth.